You guys have heard me talk a little about NeurOptimal Neurofeedback, something I offer here at the ranch. After the accident with Celita, I started doing neurofeedback every morning as a piece of my self care. It's been about 3 months of daily sessions and the difference has been remarkable. Lots of changes: better sleep, less anxiety, more connected to my intuition, less startle response/hypervigilance, I'm more even keel, in my body more often, less emotional numbing, my artwork flows easier, but the biggest one for my PTSD brain (not PTSD because of the accident by the way) has been focus! I have focus! Wonder of wonders!
So, what exactly is NeurOptimal Neurofeedback anyway?
In short—it's a way to train your brain to operate more efficiently! Which leaves us feeling like we are in the flow, life is just easier and more calm.
NeurOptimal Neurofeedback is non-invasive and effortless—you can sleep, read, write while it's happening.
Earbuds for music.
I offer 30 or 45 minute sessions.
You can watch the flowing imagery, look at the view of the pond outside, or sleep.
What is the experience like?
Here are the steps:
• Call or text to make an appointment: Julia 720-635-7015
• When you arrive at the ranch, you park in the marked parking area, follow the signs to the paved walkway to the front (pond) side of the house where you'll see a red umbrella and yellow doors. Hang out here and I will come out to get you.
• Shoes off.
• When it's time for your appointment, you sit in my comfortable recliner in the neurofeedback room (the little sketch above is of my old Colorado ranch neurofeedback room.)
• I attach 5 flat leads to your head and ears using water based conductive paste. 2 go on your scalp, 2 on the tops of your ears, and the one on your right earlobe is the ground.
• Earbuds in and you listen to music and watch the images, sleep, read, or write.
• You do not need to think about anything stressful or traumatic for the neurofeedback to work. Just relax.
How does it work?
Using the leads attached to your head and ears, NeurOptimal Neurofeedback processes your brain signals rapidly—when it detects brainwaves that aren't "optimal" it pauses the music briefly. When you first hear the music pause it sounds a bit like a short skip on a record but very quickly you no longer even notice the skips.
And that's it. That's the "feedback." It's simple but powerful. It's a bit like the "rumble strips" on a highway. As you drive along, your car may veer slightly off the road. The rumble strip doesn't toss you back onto the highway, it just gives you feedback and you adjust. Same with neurofeedback, the pause doesn't make your brain do anything, your brain automatically adjusts itself. Your brain learns from the info it's given and over time, without conscious effort, it learns to organize itself more efficiently. The blocks you've struggled with begin to drop away and life starts feeling easier.
Because NeurOptimal Neurofeedback communicates directly with your brain, there is no need for an outside person to decide what training you need. It's your brain making it's own changes.
How will I feel afterwards?
Most people have a big sleepy smile on their face when their time is up! "Oh wow, that was amazing!" are the words I usually hear from new clients. A current client tells curious friends, "It's therapy, massage, and a nap all at the same time!" I love that explanation!
Contact Julia for more info or to make an appointment: 720-635-7015
Love to all from the Mother Ranch,
Let me give you a big ol' hug!
Join a group of like minded folks who get weekly letters that feel like a great big hug, ranch videos, and free goodies from me.